Richard L. Amdur, PhD
Chief of Biostatistics,
Washington DC VA Medical Center
50 Irving St. NW Washington DC 20422
Impact of mindfulness-related interventions on PTSD and health; Genetics of psychiatric conditions; Use of large healthcare databases to explore predictors of poor health outcomes.
- Fanous AH, Middleton F, Gentile K, Amdur RL, Maher BS, Zhao Z, Sun J, Medeiros H, Carvalho C, Ferreira SR, Macedo A, Knowles JA, Azevedo MH, Pato MT, Pato CN. (in press). Genetic Overlap of Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder in a High-Density Linkage Survey in the Portuguese Island Population, Neuropsychiatric Genetics.
- Jackson RS, Amdur RL, White JC, Macsata RA. (2012). Hyperglycemia is associated with increased risk of morbidity and mortality after colectomy for cancer. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. Jan;214(1):68-80. Epub 2011 Nov 12.
- Jackson RS, Sidawy AN, Amdur RL, Macsata RA. (2011). Obesity is an Independent Risk Factor for Death and Cardiac Complications after Carotid Endarterectomy, Journal of the American College of Surgeons. Dec 20. PMID:22192895.
- The Schizophrenia Psychiatric Genome-Wide Association Study (GWAS) Consortium. (2011). Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies Five Novel Schizophrenia Loci. Nature Genetics. Sep 18;43(10):969-76. doi: 10.1038/ng.940.
- Jackson RS, Sidawy AN, Amdur RL, Khetarpal A, Macsata RA. Angiotensin receptor blockers and antiplatelet agents are associated with improved primary patency after arteriovenous hemodialysis access placement. J Vasc Surg. 2011 Dec;54(6):1706-12. Epub 2011 Aug 15.
- Bigdeli TB, Maher BS, Zhao Z, van den Oord EJCG, Thiselton DL, Sun J, Webb BT, Amdur RL, Wormley B, O’Neill FA, Walsh D, Riley BP,Kendler KS, Fanous AH. (2011). Comprehensive Gene-Based Association Study of a Chromosome 20 Linked Region Implicates Novel Risk Loci for Depressive Symptoms in Psychotic Illness. PLoS ONE 2011;6(12):e21440. Epub 2011 Dec 29. PubMed PMID: 22220189.2.
- Fanous AH, Amdur RL, O’Neill FA, Walsh D, Kendler KS. (2011). Concordance between Chart Review and Structured Interview Assessments of Schizophrenic Symptoms, Comprehensive Psychiatry. June 8, PMID:21658694
- Chawla LS, Amdur RL, Amodeo S, Kimmel PL, Palant CE. (2011). Severity of Acute Kidney Injury Predicts Progression to Chronic Kidney Disease: Validation of a Risk Score, Kidney International, 79(12):1361-9.
- Lampert B, Moore H, Amdur RL, Karasik P, Lewis B, Singh S, Fletcher R. (2010). Long-Term Mortality Outcomes According to the Frequency of Right Ventricular Pacing in Veterans, Cardiology Research & Practice. Published online 2010 May 5. doi: 10.4061/2010/310768
- Amdur RL, Chawla, LS, Amodeo S, Kimmel PL, Palant CE. (2009). Outcomes following diagnosis of acute renal failure in US veterans: Focus on acute tubular necrosis. Kidney International. 76(10):1089-97.