Mary Ann Dutton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Co-Director, Community Engagement Component, Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS)
Associate Director, Center for Trauma and the Community
2115 Wisconsin Ave. Suite 120, Room 128
Washington, DC 20007
Trauma exposure, Post-traumatic stress, Mindfulness interventions, Telehealth
- Dutton, M.A., Bermudez, D., Matas, A., & Majid, H. (in press). Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction with female chronic trauma survivors. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- Bauman, E. M., Haaga, D. A. F., Kaltman, S., & Dutton, M. A. (2012). Measuring Social Support in Battered Women: Factor Structure of the Interpersonal Support Evaluation List (ISEL). Violence Against Women, 18(1), 30-43.
- Franz, V.A., Arnkoff, D. B., Glass, C. R., & Dutton, M.A., (2011). Predictors of the impact of the September 11th terrorist attacks on victims of intimate partner violence. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 24(5), 530-537.
- Maclaughlin, B. W., Wang, D., Noone, A. M., Liu, N., Harazduk, N., Lumpkin, M., Haramati, A., Saunders, P., Dutton, M. A. & Amri, H. (2011). Stress biomarkers in medical students participating in a mind body medicine skills program. Evidence Based Complement Alternative Medicine, 2011, 950461.
- Meyer, A., Wagner, B., & Dutton, M.A. (2010). Relationship between battered women’s causal attributions for violence and coping efforts. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 25(5), 900-18.
- Dutton, M.A. & Greene, R. (2010). Resilience and crime victimization. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 23(2), 215-22.
- Dutton, M.A. (2009). Pathways linking trauma, Violence and abuse. Trauma, Violence and Abuse, 10(3), 211-224.
- Bell, M. E., Goodman, L. A., & Dutton, M. A. (2009). Variations in Help-Seeking, Battered Women's Relationship Course, Emotional Well-Being, and Experiences of Abuse over Time. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 33(2), 149-162.
- Major, B, Appelbaum, M, Beckman, L, Dutton, M.A., Russo, N.F., West C. (2009). Abortion and mental health: Evaluating the evidence. American Psychologist, 64(9), 863-90.
- Franz, V. A., Glass, C. R., Arnkoff, D. B., & Dutton, M. A. (2009). The impact of the September 11th terrorist attacks on psychiatric patients: A review. Clinical Psychology Review, 29(4), 339-347.