Adil Alaoui, MS, MBA
Director Health IT and Operations, ICBI Center
Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007
E-mail : email@example.com
Strategies for future healthcare informatics capabilities including electronic health records, multi-center information management and innovative technologies to help deliver Insight Driven Healthcare.
Director of Health Information Technology and Operations, ICBI Center, provides leadership, integrated management, and strategic direction to align research requirements with technical solutions. Mr. Alaoui is responsible for the design and implementation of Innovative Health Information Exchange approaches to integrate disparate systems and maintain heterogeneous data in secure research data repositories, he also directs the development of tools and complex technology solutions in support of GUMC’s systems medicine vision and leads the development and implementation of efficient and effective Health Information Technology Solutions.
Mr. Alaoui is the technical director of the WIRED study (http://wiredva.org) a study that seeks to determine whether the addition of guided online exercises improve psychological outcomes for Veterans who have served in OEF, OIF and/ or OND compared to usual mental health care alone received at the VA.
Mr. Alaoui is also the lead, IT architect for the Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS) a $38M NIH project funded to advance the community and nation health where he directs the integration of a wide variety of heterogeneous databases from a number of programs within GHUCCTS institutions.
Prior to joining ICBI Center, Mr. Alaoui led the development and successful implementation of several global Telehealth and Teleradiology projects sponsored by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), DoD and Department of State. He also led the design and implementation of a database system for a web based diabetes management system:”MyCareTeam” (an Allscripts EHR integrated module).
- Adil Alaoui, Dongkyu Kim, Mihai Dorobantu, Anas Belouali1, Kevin Cleary, Howard J Federoff and Timothy Mhyre “An Integrated Informatics Methodology to enable a Systems Medicine approach to Traumatic Brain Injury research” CARS conference, Geneva, June 2010
- Adil Alaoui, Dongkyu Kim, Betty Levine, Howard Federoff, Kevin Cleary and Timothy Mhyre “Framework Design and Development of an Informatics Architecture for a Systems Biology Approach to Traumatic Brain Injury” SPIE, San Diego 2010
- Dongkyu Kim, Adil Alaoui, Betty Levine and Kevin Cleary “Database Schema Models of Integrated Biomedical Information in Relational Database System” SPIE, San Diego 2008
- Adil Alaoui, Dongkyu Kim, Betty Levine, Leonidas Leondaridis, Peter Shields, Steve Byers, Kevin Cleary “A Hybrid System Design Approach to Enable Translational Research” AMIA Summit on Translational Bioinformatics, San Francisco 2009
- Adil Alaoui, Dongkyu Kim, Betty Levine, Leonidas Leondaridis, Peter Shields, Steve Byers and Kevin Cleary “System architecture and information model for integrated access to distributed biomedical information” SPIE, Orlando 2009
- Adil Alaoui, Mary Lou Ingeholm, Shilpa Padh, Mihai Dorobantu, Mihir Desai, Kevin Cleary, Seong K. Mun “ImTK: An Open Source Multi-Center Information Management Toolkit, SPIE, San Diego 2008
- Adil Alaoui, Jeffery Collmann, Nishant Subbiah, Johnathan Collman, Kevin Cleary and Seong K. Mun “Building a Secure Medical Research Organization” IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Marrakesh 2008.