Priscilla Dass-Brailsford, EdD
Department of Psychiatry
2115 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Suite 120
Washington, DC 20007
Psychological effects of trauma and violence on ethnic minority women and children; Understanding and developing interventions for Maternal HIV disclosure; Co-morbidity of HIV, PTSD and Substance Abuse among Women living with HIV; Mental health consequences of natural disasters
- Dass-Brailsford, P. & Serrano, A. (2011). The transformative effects of international education at a South African HIV/AIDS clinic. Journal of Transformative Education, 8 (4), 269-285.
- Wallace, B. C., Conner, L. C. & Dass-Brailsford, P. (2011). Integrated Trauma Treatment in Correctional Health Care and Community-Based Treatment upon Reentry. Journal of Correctional Health Care. DOI: 10.1177/1078345811413091 [published electronically ahead of print, September 22, 2011]
- Dass-Brailsford, P. (2012). Culturally sensitive therapy with low-income ethnic minority clients: An empowering intervention. Journal of Contemporary Psychology, 42 (1), 37-44. DOI: 10.1007/s10879-011-9190-4
- Dass-Brailsford, P. Thomley, R. & Alejandra Hurtado de Mendoza (2011). Paying it forward: Volunteering after Hurricane Katrina. Journal of Traumatology, 17(1), 29-40. DOI 10.1177/1534765610395619
- Dass-Brailsford, P. & Myrick, A. C. (2010). Psychological Trauma and Substance Abuse: The need for an integrated approach. Trauma Violence Abuse, 11:202-213.
- Llera, D, Saleem, R., Roffman, E., Dass-Brailsford, P. (2010). Teaching to transform: Multicultural competence and classroom practice. Asian Journal of Counselling, 16(1), 51-66.
- Gere,S. H., Dass-Brailsford, P., Hoshmand, L. T. (2010). Issues in integrating a trauma curriculum into a graduate counseling program. Asian Journal of Counselling, 16(1), 67- 88.
- Dass-Brailsford, P. (2008). After the storm: Recognition, recovery &
- reconstruction. Journal of Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, 39(1), 24-30.
- Dass-Brailsford, P. (2007). Racial identity change among White graduate students. Journal of Transformative Education, 5(1). 59-78.
- Dass-Brailsford, P. (2005). An exploration in resiliency: Academic achievement among disadvantaged Black youth in South Africa. South African Journal of Psychology, 35(3), 571-594.