Matthew Biel – Publications
(1) Biel MG, Coates E. Sharpening Our Focus on Early Adversity, Development, and Resilience Through Cross-National Research. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (in press).
(2) Glickman C, Le HN, Robertson HA, Arbit R, Danielson A, Patchen L, Fries M, Scott R, Biel MG. Black women’s preferences for embedding mental health services in an obstetrics setting. Journal of Maternal and Child Health. (in press).
(3) Biel MG, Tang MH, Zuckerman B. Pediatric Mental Health Care Must Be Family Mental Health Care. JAMA Pediatrics. 2020;174(6):519–520. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2020.0065
(4) Troxel,M, Linas K, Jacobstein D, Biel M, Soto S, Lorenzo-Hubert I, Dos Santos S, Mendez R, Anthony BJ. Implementing Autism Screening for Latino Children in Primary Care: Perspectives from Parents and Providers. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice 2019 Summer; 12(2): 88-105.
(5) Rettew DC, Biel MG, Bostic JQ (Eds). The Science of Well-Being: Integration into Clinical Child Psychiatry. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America 28(2), April 2019.
(6) Mathis ET, Dente E, Biel MG. Applying Mindfulness-Based Practices in Child Psychiatry. In: The Science of Well-Being: Integration into Clinical Child Psychiatry. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America 28(2), April 2019.
(7) Aron E, Biel MG. What’s Next in Applying the Science of Wellbeing in Child Psychiatry? In: The Science of Well-Being: Integration into Clinical Child Psychiatry. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America 28(2), April 2019.
(8) Biel MG. Parental Psychiatric Symptoms and Children’s Outcomes: Toward Understanding and Responding to Intergenerational Risk in Child Psychiatry. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2018 Sept; 57(9):632-633. doi:10.1016/j.jaac.2018.06.010
(9) Beers LS, Godoy L, Biel MG. Using Effective Public-Private Collaboration to Advance Integrated Care. In: Pediatric Integrated Care. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America 26(4), October 2017.
(10) Biel MG, Anthony BJ, Mlynarski L, Godoy L, Beers LS. Collaborative Training Efforts with Pediatric Providers in Addressing Mental Health Problems in Primary Care. Academic Psychiatry 2017 Oct;41(5):610-616. doi: 10.1007/s40596-017-0709-1.
(11) Ratto AB, Anthony BJ, Pugliese C, Mendez R, Safer-Lichtenstein J, Dudley KM, Kahn NF, Kenworthy L, Biel MG, Martucci JL & Anthony LG (2017). Lessons learned: Engaging culturally diverse families in neurodevelopmental disorders intervention research. Autism 2017 Jul;21(5):622-634. doi: 10.1177/1362361316650394.
(12) Beers LA Godoy L, Li TJ, Long MF, Biel MG, Anthony BJ, Mlynarski L, Moon R, & Weissman M. (2017). Mental Health Screening Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative. Pediatrics 140(6). pii: e20162966. doi: 10.1542/peds.2016-2966.
(13) Biel MG, Kahn NF, et al. “Parent Reports of Mental Health Concerns and Functional Impairment on Routine Screening with the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire.” Academic Pediatrics 2015; 15(4): 412-420.
(14) Biel MG, Gilhuly DK, Wilcox NA, Jacobstein D. Family Homelessness: A Deepening Crisis in Urban Communities. Journal of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2014; 53(12): 1247-1249.
(15) Soto S, Linas K, Jacobstein D, Biel MG, Migdal T, Anthony B. A review of cultural adaptations of screening tools for autism spectrum disorders. Autism 2015 Aug;19(6):646-61. doi: 10.1177/1362361314541012.
(16) Jones P, Blunda M, Biegel G, Carlson LE, Biel MG, Wiener L. Can mindfulness-based interventions help adolescents with cancer? Psychooncology 2013; 22: 2148-2151.
(17) Biel MG, Klein RG, et al. Does Major Depressive Disorder in Parents Predict Specific Fears and Phobias in Offspring? Depression and Anxiety 2008; 25(5): 379-82.
(18) Biel MG, Peselow E, et al. Continuation versus Discontinuation of Lithium in Recurrent Bipolar Disorder: a Naturalistic Study. Bipolar Disorders 2007; 9(5): 435-42.
(19) Case BG, Biel MG, et al. Reliability of personality disorder diagnosis during depression: the contribution of collateral informant reports. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2007; 115: 487-491.
(20) DeLisi LE, Maurizio A, Yost M, Papparozzi C, Fulchino C, Katz CL, Altesman J, Biel MG, Lee J, Stevens P. A Survey of New Yorkers After the Sept 11, 2001, Terrorist Attacks. American Journal of Psychiatry 2003; 160(4): 780-3.